Endings and New Beginnings

It’s hard to believe that my two years as a Clare Boothe Luce Scholar have already come to an end. Working on this research project was the most challenging and rewarding experience of my time at GW. I learned many valuable technical skills, drastically improved my presentation skills, and had the opportunity to attend 4 conferences. The Clare Boothe Luce program gave me the resources I needed to develop a solid foundation as a researcher and I’m incredibly thankful that I had this opportunity as an undergraduate. While it’s upsetting that my time physically working on my project was cut short by COVID-19, I know this is only the beginning of my research career and can’t wait to see what the future holds.

This coming fall, I will be heading to UC San Diego to begin my graduate studies in bioengineering. There I will be working in a soft electronics lab to help develop a wearable ultrasound transducer for focusing an ultrasonic beam inside the skull. I’m excited to expand my knowledge of ultrasound and further develop my research skills. I know this will be a huge change and there are so many new things to learn. However, I’m confident that my undergraduate research experience has prepared me to take on this new project.

Best,
Bianca Karpinecz